Memorial Day Weekend -Pre Taper Tantrum - Seen On My Run - A Giant Chicken


Before I get into my blog post, let me direct you all to the last post and thank Tim Coughlin for commenting on my previous entry. If you ran in the Veggie Chase or had a child run in the Veggie Chase, please message him and let him know your T Shirt size as they are printing up more. Pass this along to anyone who cares!
http://www.ranchocordovapost.com/2010/05/27/thanks-for-coming-out-to-race-the-veggies/


Last night I had a pre taper tantrum. Yeah yeah I know I am nowhere NEAR taper town, but I like the term so much I just had to use it :P.  Last night I suddenly realized my training schedule and real life calendar didn't jibe, chaos ensued and I was reduced to a mess. When I calmed down, I faced the sobering reminder that more than any other activity, running is a sport where the ultimate outcome depends on the individual. It is all on you! There's no blaming anyone else for your performance come race day, or any day for that matter. If you train, stick to your game plan, stick to your hydration/fuel strategy, you have a good chance of achieving the results you want. If you skimp on training, put off planning, procrastinate on investing in yourself - you will almost assuredly face disappointment come race day. It's so easy to blame others. I am guilty, I'm confessing, I'm letting everyone know! That being said, now that I'm regrouped - I'm at the halfway point and running 14 miles this weekend, July 25th seemed so far away scant weeks ago and now it's almost here. I'd like to take the time to let everyone know how awesome my wife is for putting up with me, you'd think after one marathon she'd say 'never again!' but she's rad for still indulging me. From post run band aids in the shower, to gobbling every bit of food in sight, to the aforementioned tantrums, to sighs when Sunday long runs take wayyyyy longer than expected, I love her very much and thank her for being the best coach and partner around!


 Stuff I saw this week while running!


 An interesting bag at the bail bond place downtown. What was in the bag? I wasn't about to find out. I hightailed it out of there.

Here's another interesting one, looks like someone stole someone's luggage and went through it here :( . We spotted this debris on the Fair Oaks side of the footbridge near Sunrise blvd.



I saw this huge chicken yesterday and was so excited. I'm a huge Daniel Pinkwater fan so well, that's all I will say on that subject! This is in or around N street.
Have a great Memorial Day weekend everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts