Movie Mini-Review - Saint Ralph

Saint Ralph is a sweet movie about reaching for a miracle and running, but mostly about going for it. This movie shows us Ralph's hi-jinks navigating life at a Catholic school under the stern rule of  Father Fitzpatrick. Ralph's mother succumbs to an unknown malady and lapses into a coma and Ralph then tries to make a miracle happen by praying, penitence and training  to run and win the Boston Marathon. Like most Hollywood treatment of running, this movie is also a bit unrealistic and doesn't actually show training as runners today would recognize. No ramp up or taper or tempo or long runs, but it is still a fun movie to watch for runners. If you have Netflix you can watch it online here.
I have heard these types of movies referred to as "dramadies" and it's an accurate description for this movie.
Even though there are life and death scenarios here, it's actually a lot less emotional than watching Spirit Of The Marathon. I gave it 4 stars simply because 5 is a lot and I'm stingy with my 5s.



Comments

  1. Added to my queue! Thanks for sharing; I'm always on the lookout for a good running flick. =o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts